Happy 1 Year Anniversary to the best decision of your life Sam!



Happy 1 Year Anniversary of your acceptance to study abroad is grounds for a hallmark card don't you think?

I remember laying in bed when the "ding" from email went off on my phone. "You've been accepted to study abroad at the University of the Sunshine Coast" Woah let that sink in for a minute mixed with every emotion you could think of.

I know everyone says "Study abroad, it will change your life, you will learn so much about yourself...." blah blah blah, But you really will and if you're lucky you will meet the most amazing people and have the time of your life.

I say this all the time, that I could not have asked to meet better people on my journey abroad, and I honestly had no expectations. I was just star struck that I was landing in Australia, a place that I misspelled in a 6th grade project that I beat out another girl to study, a place that has just been a picture on a map for so long.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined meeting my room mates Gene and Shannon, who were so friendly welcoming, fun and awesome. I was so lucky that Shannon offered to drive me to the chemist when I had pink eye the second day I was there.  All my Americans, who were just as excited and ready to travel as I was, made Cairns, Fraser Island, Brisbane, MojoSurf and Melbourne that much better to see in great company. And to my other Australian Friends I had the pleasure of meeting.

So here's to studying abroad, wherever in the world you may choose to go, just do it!


A teacher of mine once told me that if you really want to do something, you'll find the money. You'll get through the paperwork, and looking back it will have been much easier than you stressed about, and the experience you'll gain will be priceless. I would do it ten times over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment