An LA update

On my way back to Aussie Land with a mini pit stop in LA, to spend some extra time with my momma. This time around I wanted to do some different stuff than what we normally do!

Friday 4pm LA time, literally stopped going for the first time since 530am NY time, nap time! Then we met this cutie pie for dinner at wood ranch! 

A friend of mine has taken me here when we visited LA together and her love for it has rubbed off on me! Some of my favorite things, they put corn in their salads (which I can't get enough of,) the sweet potato fries and mac & cheese!

We walked around the grove and looked at the decorations for the Chinese New Year:

We ended up getting totally slapped for parking at some ridiculous amount ever 15 mins, Los Angelines don't stay still for very long! But not before stopping at Dylan's candy bar for some sweet treats. Did you know they have sour farts? And fruity farts??


After a good nights rest we woke up early the next am (well early for me is 9am which is really noon NY time but it still counts!) and went a on walk around the Griffith observatory to see the Hollywood sign. It was a beautiful, beautiful clear day for a walk and the view of the city

Post Hike we went into the Griffith Observatory which was everything science and awesome! Including this life size version of the Periodic Table:

Following lunch at the ever popular In-N-Out Burger we headed to Venice Beach, to check out the boardwalk.

Before dinner we headed to the Farmers Market, to take a look around:

Before meeting this beaut for Dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and Some Desert at Yogurtworld!

Sunday was another early rise, check out of the hotel and a little less than a day until I was back in Australia!! My stomach was doing flip flops! We headed to the 3rd street promenade for breakfast and some shopping, then we went to Venice beach and walked around before getting some mani/pedis and dinner at this delicious Italian place on Washington Blvd. 

It was almost time to head to the airport, so my mom and I drove that way and got some hot chocolate at Panera and strolled around TJMaxx before they closed. After dropping off the rental car, we headed to the international terminal! It was almost time to go!

After I check in with a whopping 110 pounds of luggage, (I still don't know how people fit a year of their life into 100lbs, someone please clear that up for me) My mom and I sat down and relaxed by the window. We ran into a girl (and her mom) who was headed back to school in Queensland! It was so awesome to meet someone else that it put me at ease almost right away. After saying goodbye to our moms we headed to out gate. We met a another girl who was headed back to Aus to visit and she told me she had done a work-holiday back in 2009. I love meeting people who have done the same things as me, because although I am carving my own path, its nice to know people have succeeded at it before me!

More from Australia in a little bit! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment