Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

I haven't sat still since 8:30am friday morning, but this weekend was great! and I couldn't have ended it any better than cuddling a fuzzy Koala. I have been bugging Gene to take me to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary so I could play with the kangaroos and hold a koala again and it was so much better than I had expected!

Rise and Shine at seven am (what, who am i? right mom and dad) We caught a bus to the train to the city to another bus right into the sanctuary and it took three hours, AND we made it back home using the same sed transportation, I feel so adult like!

So to get right down to it, here's some photos from the day:

the oldest koala sanctuary 
15,000 Ks to NY
besides a little mishap finding our bus, we kicked public transports butt!
melt my heart
turtles!
cassowarys: apparently they are incredibly fierce birds
"Now I'm the king of the swingers, the jungle VIP"
watched these little guys get a bath, cutest thing ever.
Tawny frogmouths
kookaburra
feeding a redtail cockatu
the male koalas have the brown spot on their chests for attracting the ladies
wild lizards irrrwhere
oh you know just HOLDING AN OWL
a gorgeous, gorgeous, barn owl
asking it to come home with me
i think he would've obliged
the coolest part of the day
he wouldn't get off my arm! I wasn't complaining
a sea eagle
cupping my hand bowl!!!
caught him in a selfie!
tried to bite right though my food bag!
little guy
hey
check out those legs
frog bellies
wild little baby!
showing off
hey Eeyore 

For those interested in the Koala Sanctuary visit here!
Such a great place to visit, and more in budget for students. 
The crowds are smaller, so its easy to get up close with the animals, the staff are so knowledgable and the shows are great. Plus theres tons of Koalas running around, who wouldn't wanna see that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment