Summer Bucket List Series: Kondalilla Falls

Wow I don't know why I waited so long to go here! My favorite, favorite waterfall out of all the three that are near where I live. Check out the other local falls here: splash waterfalls (just realized that post was almost a year ago, commence tears.) Anyways, it ended up being a perfect day to venture though the rainforest, (one of the best I have ever seen) there was a lot of walking and a lot of swimming, two of my favorite things. We ended up going all the way down to the bottom, which was cool, but the mosquitos were feasting on my sweet blood and the walk back up was a challenge!

a short downhill walk to the middle of the falls
love this!

a first little falls 
that view
a giant swimming hole
the rest of the falls that comes down
from the swimming hole
 
little gene, big tree
tree root!
so much green! and teeny palm trees
went to go swim the second time and found a
freshwater eel with my foot! he then came up
to the surface to say hey
the freezing cold water felt to good after our hike down and back up!
it would've been cool to be able to swim at the bottom, but
there was a lot of rock, broken tree build up

No comments:

Post a Comment