Australia Journey Journal: Sydney Day 1

January 23:

So my parents wanted to come visit me in Aussie Land, and I said Hey, come on over and I'll show you around and boy did I mean it! In 10 days we managed 4 major cities and a lot of fun things. First stop:

Sydney Day 1: Land and see my family after a year, (thanks to Viber messaging I talked to my mom everyday, so it was like no time at all had passed) walk to Circular Quay and get to see the Opera House and Harbor Bridge in the flesh! It was so crazy to see it, being my first time in Sydney and only having seen photos of it. We ferried on over to Manly Beach and walked over to Shelly Beach. We stumbled upon a rock pool, that was carved into the rocks in-between the walkway and the ocean. We grabbed dinner at Guzman Y Gomez (a must, best burrito I've eaten in Aus) and ferried back to the hotel after a gorgeous sunset.


Dave made it to Australia, rocking the sunny coast Harley tee I got him
First time seeing the Harbor Bridge

my cute mummy
Shelly Beach: much quieter than Bondi
adorable little sculptures along the path
scuba divers and a snorkeler
some palms
my favorite, favorite flower
some sweet little yellow buds
my sister and I ventured up and over to this pretty view
the rock pool!
Manly Beach
boardwalk from the ferry to the beach
a little friday night market!
awesome live music
the wharf
no words needed for those of you who know about my sunset obsession
:) (sunscreen face)
the view at night from the ferry, a tiny opera house and bridge
the opera house by night 

*In Sydney we stayed at the Rydges World Square and quickly learned that we haven't been on a family vacation in a long time and we needed more space than one bedroom. 
We were also quite far from the wharfs, which would've been nicer to stay closer to, ideally Bondi or Manly beach would've been a nice place to stay!
*From the Sunshine Coast I flew Jetstar and my family flew from Los Angeles to Sydney via Qantas
*Our entire trip was planned with the help of Flight Centre Australia

Sydney Part Two here!
Melbourne here!
Cairns here!

No comments:

Post a Comment