Australia Journey Journal: Melbourne

So it has been so long since I have posted about my trip to Australia I can't even tell you what days we went to Melbourne, but it wasn't as long as I would've like it. Melbourne has to be my favorite city in Australia. It actually has somewhat close to winterish temperatures, in fact I didn't pack any pants to bring and so I had to go and buy some!

January 25th: 

We landed in Melbourne from Sydney, a quick little one hour flight. We explored around the city after checking into our little apartment. We also had to find pants real quick, because silly me didn't think it would be so cold, but it was.



flinders street station

Day 2: January 26th- Happy Australia Day! While most of my friends in Aussie Land were celebrating a little differently, my family and I had an all day tour that ended with watching penguins come in from the ocean and find their wives/families for the night :-) We booked a GO WEST tour through flight centre (my second go west tour and I would highly recommend them, free wifi on the bus!) that picked us up from our apartment around 11am and included a bush walk, a winery tour, a stop at a koala conservation, lunch, penguins during the day, dinner some beautiful views and finally a little stop at the beach to see the penguins come home :)

bush walk!
you could fish for trout here and they would prepare it for you!
oh hi
the coastlines are just breathtaking
all the penguins were out there fishing
sneaky shot of some of the little guys coming home!


*In Melbourne we stayed in the Adina Apt Hotel Northbank. Right in the city. Melbourne has a FREE tram that travels in a square around the outside of the city, but everything is pretty easy to walk to. 
* From Sydney to Melbourne we flew Jetstar again

Sydney Part One here!
Sydney Part Two here!
Cairns here!

No comments:

Post a Comment